Social networking has changed the way we do things in several ways. Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook has changed the face of the Internet in both technological and social aspects forever, whilst other social networking services such as Twitter provide a lot of options for the iPad 2 in terms of applications. VOICEABLE has compiled a list of the top 20 Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
1. LinkedIn: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
LinkedIn is the premium destination for showcasing a CV, as well as finding potential employees. Features for the business-oriented site includes:
- Find and connect with more than 200 million members worldwide
- Latest industry news
- Stay up-to-date with people in your network
- View and save recommended jobs
- Share content with your networks
In what’s proved to be one of the most complete experience for a Facebook user, Friendly for Facebook delivers the following features:
- Chat with friends
- Easily update profile picture
- Download Photos & add effects to them
- Receive birthday notifications
3. eBuddy Messenger: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
Delivering access to various popular instant messaging services, eBuddy Messenger is a hugely useful application with features entailing:
- AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook Chat, Gtalk and more
- Push notifications
- Easily switch between chats by swiping your screen
- Automatically reconnect when connection is lost
- Group chat support
- Sole buddy list
4. Google+: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
Google’s social networking platform hasn’t seen the best of inception but, still, it’s nearing the 100 million member milestone. Join a Hangout, post a photo, or see what friends are sharing while you’re on the go. Features for its iPad application are:
- New iPad-optimized layout brings your stream to life
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- See vibrant, high-resolution images on Retina display devices
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see popular posts
5. Facebook: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
Facebook’s official application for its 800 million and rising member website is an effective way to do everything related to Facebook including:
- Photos support
- See what friends are up to
- Share updates, photos and videos
- Zoom function
- Text, chat and have group conversations
- Nearby map
6. Skype: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
Microsoft’s Skype has been a revelation in VoIP for several years now. The iPad 2 application is an efficient social networking application which delivers:
- Call Skype contacts
- Join over 250 million people every month using Skype
- Message feature
- Talk to friends in an instant
- Skype credit
- Photo Sharing
- Chat with anyone, anywhere
7. TweetDeck: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
With Twitter’s phenomenal success and popularity among users, the quantity of iPad applications for the social networking service are countless. TweetDeck, meanwhile, provides:
- Send updates
- Posting to multiple Twitter accounts is a breeze
- See the conversation in context with tweets above and below in detail view
- Facebook status updates, notifications, wall posts, Likes and comments are all at your fingertips
- Fully flexible custom columns allow the combination of any number of different feeds, from all services and all accounts.
8. Twitter: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
Join the most recently trending stories on Twitter with the help of this official application, it also delivers a variety of functionality to the users like:
- Get real-time stories, pictures, videos, conversations, ideas, and inspiration all in your timeline.
- Follow people and your interests to get unfiltered access and unique behind-the-scenes perspectives.
- Express yourself with photos, videos and comments.
9. Pinterest: Best iPad Social Networking Apps
Pinterest is a great tool to find out great images which suits your interest and it gives you a better option to share with others. You can use it to collect the cool pictures, things that you love the most with the following notable features:
- Pin images from around the web
- Explore pins and boards you’re interested in
- Get inspiration from DIY, Travel, Food and other categories
- Pin with your camera
10. Viber – Free Phone Calls & Text:
Viber is completely free to make calls, share or send photos, text to anyone in your contact list. Over 140 million viber users connect across each other across worldwide at no cost. The other ultimate features for this free application are:
- Best-quality VoIP calls using 3G or Wi-Fi
- Free text and photo messages with location-sharing
- Group messaging with up to 40 friends
- No registration, passwords or invitations required
11. Tumblr: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platform to share your thoughts, experience and other things with other across the web. The application for iPad derives the following features in it:
- Post anything: Share photos, video, quotes, chats, links, and text
- Multiple blogs: Seamlessly manage all of your blogs.
- Messages: View and reply to messages.
- Offline support: Post, like, reply, and reblog even when you’re not connected!
12. Yahoo! Messenger – free SMS, video & voice calls
Stay connected with your friends—anytime, anywhere with Yahoo! Messenger. Whether they’re on the iPad, mobile or PC, call them with free voice and video. The other features include:
- Make free voice and video calls to your Yahoo! Messenger contacts
- Works with Windows Live
- Send free international SMS messages
13. Find My Friends: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
Find My Friends easily allows you connect with your friends, family member by simply logging in with you apple ID. You can add friends easily by sending a request and once approved you will be able to see the location of your friend. The other important features include:
- Easily locate friends and family
- Temporary sharing option
- Location-based alerts (requires IOS 6)
- Simple privacy controls
- Parental restrictions
Tweet caster for Twitter is one of the most popular application for iPad users with number of inbuilt features like search party and smart lists. the other exclusive features are:
- Unlimited # of Twitter accounts
- Post to Facebook
- Auto sign-in to Twitter via IOS 5
- Push Notifications via Boxcar (requires download of FREE Boxcar app)
- In-app Notifications
- TweetMarker – Service that keeps your place in the timeline
- iTunes Music Sharing and purchasing integration
- Geolocation/Nearby functionality
- Advanced Profile Editing
15. WordPress: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
With WordPress for IOS, you can moderate comments, create or edit posts and pages, view stats, and add images or videos with ease. The main features include:
- Support multiple languages
- Improved error management
- Add as much as photos you like
- Elegant composing & effortless comments
16. IM+ Instant Messenger: Best Social Networking Apps
Chat on Facebook, Google Talk, Live Messenger, Yahoo!, ICQ, and more. IM+ features free texting, Off-the-Record messaging as in-app purchase, group chats, multimedia sending and much more with the following features:
- Send text messages, photos, videos, and voice notes
- Group chats in MSN, AIM, ICQ and Neighbors
- Multiple accounts per service
- Push notifications about new messages in your GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo!, and AOL e-mail inbox
- Create personal and geo status messages
Paid Social Networking Apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
Facely HD for Facebook is the best app available in the IOS app store that helps you to fully customize your interface for Facebook. Choose from a variety of colors, fonts and themes or create your own! Effortlessly browse links using our built-in browser, with actions to help you email, copy or share links with friends with the touch of a button. With Facely you can do everything you want on Facebook, including:
- Stellar customization features
- Full, native chat + notifications
- Take pictures + upload photos / videos
- Convenient photos interface
18. textPlus GOLD: Best Social Networking Apps for iPad
textPlus Gold gives you plenty of good options like free text messaging to anyone or you can choose your preferred phone number for Free texting. Turn your iPod touch, iPad & iPhone into a FREE phone with features like:
- Text anyone for free, even friends without the app
- Group Text, Send Pics & Walkie talkie for free too
- Invite friends to textPlus so they can text for free too
- Push Notifications when you’re outside the app
19. Tweetbot for Twitter: Best Social Networking Apps for iPhone
Tweetbot is a full-featured iPhone, iPad (and iPod touch) Twitter client with a lot of personality. Whether it’s the meticulously-crafted interface, sounds & animation, or features like multiple timelines & smart gestures, there’s a lot to love about Tweetbot. The main features include:
- Multiple Timelines. Quickly switch between your lists as your main timeline.
- Smart Gestures. Use Twitter more efficiently with time-saving and configurable gestures.
- Native Push Notifications.
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them.
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone and iPad via iCloud.
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp and Droplr.
MyPad+ is the most popular app designed for iPad, iPhone with over 10 million users registered. It’s already featured on some websites like Weird Magazine as the number one app for Facebook. The other important feature include:
- Easily swipe pages back & forth, EVEN THE TAB BAR!
- Now with Free Music, Chat & Push Notifications!
- Post to Instagram (edit & new effects!)
- FB & Twitter notifications in 1 place!
- Track clicks on your posts (via Notifications)
We have listed the best social networking apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, if you think there is any other app which must be included in this list. Then, feel free to ask us in the comments sections.