A common misconception about Android smart phones is that, due to not being a fully fledged PC, they’re immune to viruses, malware and generally being infected maliciously. However, aspects such as applications and SMS can contain such harmful contents. VOICEABLE has compiled a list of the top 10 best free Android antivirus applications.
With Lookout Security & Antivirus, the application delivers a host of useful features to protect one’s Android device. In addition to general protective features such as viruses or theft, the app features:
- Detect and remove viruses and spyware that can hide in apps, email attachments, or phone files.
- Scan every number you click to call from your mobile browser and we’ll alert you if dialing the number might have unintended consequences, like wiping your phone.
- Automatically see your phone’s last known location at Lookout.com to find it even when the battery is dead.
- Back up your contacts automatically.
2. AegisLab Antivirus : Best Android Antivirus Apps
AegisLab Antivirus Free is a security suite for Android devices that helps users secure their Android-powered device with the following features:
- Scan for suspicious APPs such as Spyware , Trojan , Virus, Malware, Attack Tool, Authorization, Privacy
- Support scan SD card
- Auto-schedule scan
3. Quick Heal Mobile Security :Android Antivirus Apps
Quick Heal helps users protect their Android device from viruses, identity theft, unwanted calls, as well as text. Key features include:
- Call filtering
- SMS blocking
- SMS spam protection
4. NetQin Security& Anti-virus :Android Antivirus Apps
This particular anti-virus application protect Android smart phones with a West Coast Labs certified application entitled NetQin Mobile Security & Antivirus; in addition to protection from viruses, malware, spyware, trojans and phone hacking, the app features:
- Protection from viruses
- Real-time scans take place upon downloads
- A backing up and restoration feature
5. MYAndroid Protection :Best Android Antivirus Apps
MYAndroid Protection practically delivers efficiently what its name suggests: security features such as protection from malicious files and such, as well as the:
- Antivirus, malware, spyware protection
- Anti-theft and protection against losses
- A real-time monitoring feature
6. AVG AntiVirus FREE :Best Free Android Antivirus Apps
AVG AntiVirus Free delivers simplistic virus and malware protection features, in addition to a real-time scanner. With the AVG Android app you’ll receive effective, easy-to-use virus and malware protection, as well as a real-time app scanner, phone locator, task killer, app locker, and local device wipe to help shield you from threats to your privacy and online identity. Other notable features for the antivirus application are:
- Scan apps, settings, files, and media in real-time
- Enable finding/locating your lost or stolen phone via Google Maps™
- Lock/wipe your device to protect your privacy
- Kill tasks that slow your device
- Browse the Web safely and securely
- Monitor battery, storage and data package usage
7. Fastscan free Anti-Virus
This application features, as its name suggests, a real-time scanning future that implements itself into action during an installation or download. Other features include:
- Protecting smart phone from viruses and malware
- Realtime scan inclusion
- Support for device memory scan.
Dr.Web Anti-virus Light features a so-called unique algorithm utilized to detect malware. The application also features the following useful tools:
- Regular anti-virus protection and threats neutralization
- On-demand scanning
- Quarantine detected threats
9. Zoner AntiVirus Free :Android Antivirus Apps
Zoner AntiVirus Free sees the deliverance of effective anti-virus for one’s Android device. With protection against viruses, dialers, trojans, worms, as well as other forms of malware, the application features:
- Theft protection feature
- Protection for installed applications
- On-access and on-demand scan support
10. G Data MobileSecurity :Best Android Antivirus Apps
With G Data MobileSecurity, Android-powered devices can be protected from viruses, spyware, Trojans, in addition to various other malware types. Other notable features include:
- Anti-virus, anti-Trojan, anti-spyware support
- An on-demand scan feature
- Real-time protection
- A periodic virus scanner
11. Norton Security & Antivirus :Best Android Antivirus Apps
Norton Mobile security Lite offers a great list of features for protecting you Android device from theft, malware and viruses. The main features which makes this application worth downloading are:
- Protect multiple Android smartphones and tablets
- Control security for all your devices with web-based management
- Find your lost device on a map with remote locate
- Scan and remove apps and app updates that have the potential to harm or slow down your device
- Scan SD cards for threats when they’re plugged into your device
With the West Coast Labs certification NQ Mobile Security protects your android smart phone from virus, malware, spyware, trojans and phone hacking. The exceptional features include:
- Antivirus: blocks viruses, malware, spyware and trojans, and uninstalls malicious apps to protect your phone.
- Protect yourself against unwanted calls & texts.
- Set up your phone to filter out blacklisted number(s) or anyone who’s not in your contacts.
- Remote contact backup ensures you don’t lose any important contact even the phone is missing.
- Traffic monitoring: provides real-time updates on data usage to ensure you don’t go over your monthly package limits.
13. TrustGo Antivirus : Android Antivirus Apps
TrustGo protects you from today’s most dangerous malware and viruses PLUS apps that can steal your personal privacy, identity and data. In addition, TrustGo offers “Find My Phone” features, system tools and web browsing security…all in one totally Free package. The main features include:
- Security scanner
- Secure web browsing
- Data backup & Device protection.